My first experiment was to combine bacon with bananas. The result is a dish that I have dubbed "Baconana".
What you need
- Bananas, peeled
- 2 strips of bacon per banana (maple bacon preferred)
- Skillet, griddle, or frying pan
1. Lightly fry bacon on one side.
2. Wrap bacon around bananas, uncooked side facing out. One banana should be large enough for 2 pieces of bacon. If you like, cut bananas in half first.
3. Fry bacon-wrapped bananas to taste.
Delicious. Bacon makes bananas good. Makes a good breakfast side dish for pancakes, or a good dessert. Warning: Greasy.